Application Open for Grant Writing Fellowship: Program supports grant writers pursuing projects and programs that improve the quality of life for Uplands residents
Applications are due September 2 for ROI’s second cohort of Grant Writing Fellows. This fellowship helps Uplands communities and organizations secure grant funding from various local, regional, state, and federal sources. In this year-long program, fellows learn from experts how to effectively develop compelling grant applications, including gathering data, developing budgets, improving your message, finding funding opportunities, and much more.
Fellows selected for ROI’s second grant writing cohort will also receive:
• $1,000 commitment stipend to be paid at graduation
• Up to $1,000 in matching funds for no more than two successful grant applications
Fellows selected for this program will learn how to navigate the proposal process from idea conception to grant submission and beyond. Fellows will also receive continuing professional development on a variety of related topics, connections to a network of peers, and information on available opportunities. Sessions will include a “spotlight” on a granting agency in or around Indiana, including the Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA), Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), Indiana Arts Commission, and other funders.
This past spring, ROI graduated its first cohort of Grant Writing Fellows. This inaugural cohort successfully secured $1.77 million in grants invested in the Uplands region.
Who Should Apply for Cohort 2
Fellows will be selected through an application process. Candidates will be considered based on a commitment to expanding and building resource capacity, a passion for improving outcomes for the residents of their community, and a commitment to training and collaborating with partners around the Uplands region.
To qualify for the fellowship, Fellows must commit to providing grant writing services to their community through their organizations and/or businesses for a minimum of two years. They will also need to attend all ROI professional development workshops, classes, and meetings throughout the fellowship.
At this time, we anticipate professional development in the 2022-2023 year to be a hybrid of both in-person and live online events. The first two events will be in-person, with most of the follow-on sessions delivered in a virtual format.
• Session 1: Grant Writer Workshop 1
• Session 2: Grant Writer Workshop 2
• Session 3: Professional Writing for Maximum Impact
• Session 4: How to Build a Better Budget Session 5: How to Create Metrics to Show Impact
• Session 7: Finding the Right Grant Opportunity
• Session 8: Program Sustainability
• Session 9: Grant Management
• Session 10: Telling Your Story – Building a PR Campaign for Your Community
• September 2, 2022: Applications Close
• September 9, 2022: Selected Fellows Notified
• September 23, 2022: Grant Writing Workshop 1 in French Lick, IN
• October 21, 2022: Grant Writing Workshop 2 in French Lick, IN
• November 2022 to May 2023: Monthly Professional Development Sessions and Grant Agency Spotlights (Third Thursday of the month from 9 – 11 a.m.)
• May 18, 2023: Final Session & Graduation (Location TBD)
Apply online via ROI’s Grant Portal: https://roigrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx#4371597136646D517975544F5976596D4E73384E69673D3D
Share your news with us!
Submit your news to the Chamber by the 12th or 28th of each month to be included in the bi-weekly Membership Matters emails.