Want to know how businesses in our community are responding to COVID-19?
Community businesses are stepping up in the crisis, adjusting their offerings, and giving to the community. We want to make sure that you have the updated list of what is going on at businesses throughout our community.
Under Gov. Holcomb's Stay-At-Home Order, all non-essential businesses have been asked to close starting Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59pm. | Details
Under Gov. Holcomb's Stay-At-Home Order, all non-essential businesses have been asked to close starting Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59pm. | Details
- Stonebelt is hiring full and part-time employees who have experience in the restaurant ans service industry. Extensive job training will be provided. Interested in working in a positive & uplifting environment? Contact them: stonebelt.org/careers, firstname.lastname@example.org, 812.332.2168 ext. 261.
- Monroe Smart Start is looking for emergency childcare workers. There are over 200 children of essential workers in Monroe County who are in need of childcare. | Details
Housing & Utilities:
- SCIHO can help connect tenants to existing local resources for possible rental assistance and help with communication with their landlords. Contact Tonda Lee Radewan at email@example.com or (812) 727-0597.
- Duke Energy is temporarily halting disconnections. Find out more here.
- Comcast is offering free Xfinity WiFi to low income households as well as free hotspots across the country. They are also pausing their data plan to offer unlimited data to all customers for no additional charge and will not disconnect a customer's internet service or assess late fees if they contact Comcast ans are unable to pay their bill. Click here for more information.
- Helping Bloomington Monroe is a free service that provides basic needs to individuals and families in need. Click here for more information or dial 2-1-1 to talk to someone over the phone.
- Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Bloomington has put together a 'Work from Here" discounted rate of $49.00/day (plus tax) to provide those that are now working from home with a workplace that is quiet, has reliable internet connection, and helps them follow the social distancing requirement through having their own room to work out of. They have also put a "COVID19 Frontline Workers" discounted rate of $65.00/night (plus tax), that can be booked by medical/hospital staff, police officers, military, etc. that want or need to self quarantine away from family/loved ones due to exposure/potential exposure to the virus. These discounted rates are currently available until May 01, 2020; but may be extended based on the community's needs.
Kids & Family Activities:
- German American Bank is sponsoring the EVERFI National Financial Bee to encourage students in 7th to 10th grades in southern Indiana and Kentucky to participate in the first-of-its-kind nationwide financial literacy challenge.
- Lemonade Day - Boy & Girls Club offers experimental learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand
- Craft Happens has created "Take and Make Kits" for $30 and stencil kits for $10 for bored people of all ages.
- Explore the Wylie House in 3D! Click here to take a virtual walk through this IU museum.
- WonderLab is closed to the public until further notice due to health and safety concerns, but you can join them for virtual programs here!
- Every Kid. Every Day. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Bloomington remains committed to serving the youth in our community by offering a Virtual Club! Here, kids and families will receive daily resources for educational, engaging and fun activities to do outside of the Club's walls. | Details
- “At Home with the Y” is offering online resources to the community. Even though the Y facilities are currently closed, they have been busy creating several resources to help keep our community active and engaged! The site features activities for preschool-aged children, at-home Group Ex classes, do-it-yourself tutorials, exercise routines for seniors, and more. | Details
- All Monroe County Public Library locations and services are closed: Main Library, Ellettsville Branch Library, Bookmobile, Van and Homebound service. Tentatively scheduled to reopen April 6. Our virtual library is available at mcpl.info with downloadable books, streaming movies and music with your MCPL library card.
- Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping is now offering online workouts through recordings and live streams via their Facebook page and YouTube Channel.
- OrangeTheory Fitness - Bloomington Indiana is offering FREE daily LIVE at home workouts with our Incredible Coaches! You do not have to be an existing member. All you have to do is 'like' our Orangetheory Fitness Bloomington, IN Facebook page to get started. Join us on Facebook Live or on Zoom (great way for our coaches to see you to offer positive personal feedback). For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let Orangetheory Fitness help you to get healthy both physically and mentally during this challenging time! FREE!!!
- Eateries offering Delivery, Takeout, Curbside - Visit Bloomington
- Map of Restaurants offering carry out and delivery | View OpenforBloomington.com map
- Buffalouie's is expanding take out and delivery options. If a child is eligible for a free lunch, they will deliver one for free.
- Nameless Catering is offering individually packaged meals that can be reheated. Order here. Nameless Catering is also offering meals to families in need. Email Jeremy if you know someone who could use a free meal.
- Hive remains open for Grab-n-Go. Order online at hivebloomignton.com or give us a call at (812)-287-7405.
- At Crazy Horse, you can order 'to-go' food from Delivery.com, Uber Eats, or call Crazy Horse directly at 812-336-8877. Their menu is available online at www.crazyhorseindiana.com They sell beer, wine and spirits 'to-go' too!
- 4 Domino's of Bloomington locations are now offering 'Contactless' Delivery. People can mention that and brief instructions in our delivery instruction tab, prepay and their delivery experts will leave the food in the designated area. Order here. Additionally, the Ellettsville location is offering 8" cheese pizzas March 18th - March 20th 11am - 1pm for free to MCSSC kids who rely on school lunch. No proof necessary, but the limit is 200 pizzas per day. Pick it up at the Drive Through.
- Wagon Wheel has To-Go meal options! From package to plate in less than 10 minutes in the microwave or oven! Add-ons available at pick up. To-Go orders available Monday-Saturday until 6 PM. Curbside services available, just call ahead! (812) 333-2420
- First Class Catering is offering "Hangar 5 Meal Service" - a meal delivery service with homemade foods delivered straight to your door with instructions for freezing and reheating! Order over the phone for contact-free delivery service. Call 812-314-7849 to order today.
- Outback Steakhouse is offering Curbside Take-Away or Delivery. Click here to place your order. Visit www.outback.com for updates.
- Azzip Pizza has added online ordering so customers can still order their favorite custom pizza and pick it up curbside. Order online here.
- Hard Truth Hills is offering carry out and delivery options. Click here to view their menu and call (812) 720-4840 to order. Door Dash does delivery for all locations except Nashville.
- McDonald's Bloomington: Delivery Uber Eats & DoorDash, Mobile Order and Pay with McDonald's App, Curb Side Service, Take Out.
- Village Deli is offering carryout, curbside and contactless delivery. Hours of operation are 8AM - 3PM, daily.
- Laughing Planet Cafe is offering carryout, curbside pickup and contactless delivery from 11 AM - 7 PM, daily.
- Soma Coffeehouse and Juicebar: All three locations are open from 7 AM - 6 PM. They are offering carryout and contactless pickup at all three locations, and contactless delivery from the Hillside location.
- Aver's Pizza is offering Contact-less Delivery & Carry Out Service. For the full menu & online ordering visit averspizza.com.
- Southern Stone is offering Carry out.
- Grazie Italiano is offering Carry out and Delivery.
- Underground Bakery is offering Carry out and Delivery.
- Pizza X has switched to "no-contact" delivery and has reduced hours. Click here for details and here to order.
- Papa Murphy's is offering online ordering for their pizzas.
- Beer, Wine, & Spirits To-Go
- Upland Brewing Co. is offering curbside carry-out so you can get your orders and packaged beer essentials delivered straight to your vehicle.
- Switchyard Brewing Company is offering curbside pickup and delivery for beer, wine, and cider. Click here to order.
- Cardinal Spirits is offering carry out drink options. Click here for details.
- Social Cantina is offering carry out drink kits. Click here for menu.
- Hard Truth Spirits and Quaff ON! beer are available for carry out. Call (812) 720-4840 to order.
- Meineke will be open for regular business hours, Monday thru Saturday 8am-6pm. They are offering a FREE vehicle pick up and drop off for customers who need to get their car fixed without even entering the shop.
- Advanced Auto Care is encouraging customers to use our pay by phone service and our after/before hours drop off.
- Cardinal Spirits is offering free homemade hand sanitizer to community members, just bring your own container to fill. Click here for hand sanitizer recipes. If your organization is in need of hand sanitizer, click here to put in a request for a bulk order of sanitizer from Cardinal Spirits.
- The United States Postal Service can help retailers fulfill orders from home as well as keep customers engaged with direct mail. | Details
- MAILCHIMP - Until May 31 is providing small businesses with free five-year custom domains to help brick-and-mortar businesses move online. The offering is available to new and existing Mailchimp users and is applicable toward domains worth up to $25 a year.
- Office 360 is open and servicing clients as usual. They are offering home delivery to help with any needed supplies if you are working from home.
- GoDaddy launched Websites + Marketing Free, a free package of tools to build a website, as well as marketing tools. It's a free version of GoDaddy's Websites + Marketing, which launched in September.
- Builder.ai, a no-code software development platform, is offering its recently-launched Studio Store for free to SMBs for the first three months. The Studio Store is a collection of pre-packaged apps, beginning with e-commerce and delivery, designed to make it relatively cheap and easy for businesses go digital.
- SEMrush is offering free access to its social media and lead generation products. That includes free access to the full functionality of its Social Media Toolkit, enabling companies to track competition, edit images and bulk schedule social media posts. It also includes access to Oppty, a lead generation and prospecting solution for digital marketing agencies and freelancers.
- Gibson Teldata offers work-at-home, remote worker, and teleworker solutions for companies statewide. They offer local, Indiana based assistance for all customers. | Details
- White Rabbit is providing Weakened Immune System and Safety Check Posters for people that need them. They will even cover postage! Additionally, they have some color pages about hand washing for children.
- The MacExperience is currently offering free service pick up and delivery within the Bloomington city limits for Mac, iPhones and PC computers. | Visit site
- Mid-America Radio (WCLS/Spirit95/K101) is offering businesses a free 10 second informational announcement to let people know changes in your business, plus in order to stretch your budget they are providing a buy one get one free offer. For every commercial you buy they will give you one free. This will give you much more frequency but keep expenses much lower. Email Jeff Hancock for details.
- Herald Times Ad Offer for Restaurants: In an effort to help the local restaurants in our communities, The HoosierTimes would like to extend the following offer to all restaurants/food establishments during this public health crisis. The HoosierTimes is offering to publish a quarter page ad for any local restaurant in our readership area and we will also create a directory of all ads for people to locate online at www.hoosiertimes.com/restaurants. | PDF with details
Mental Health Resources
- Kadampa Meditation Center Bloomington is offering online meditation classes to help our community find some calm during the storm. Classes include guided meditation and practical wisdom for reducing stress and anxiety. Find out more at: MeditationINBloomington.org
- Erika’s Lighthouse (a Shine Light on Depression partner). Offers practical tools and resources for teens, educators and parents during these challenging times.
- Catholic Charities to Suspend In-Person Therapy Sessions, Adds Virtual Services
- Catholic Charities Bloomington-COVID-19 Response- Due to current coronavirus pandemic, our office will be closed to physical appointments, but will provide virtual Telehealth therapy services for our clients. We understand that this time brings about unprecedented amounts of uncertainty and new emotional and financial stress, and we therefore have decided to continue providing mental health services, via a Telehealth service. All staff will work from home for the foreseeable future; when we have further direction on a future re-opening date from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, we will communicate that quickly to all clients and the community.
- Youth Villages is accepting admissions in all programs in every state. In the best of times, those who are referred to Youth Villages are facing serious life challenges and personal crises. Youth Villages staff know that theses individuals need effective services now more than ever, and they want to be able to help them and support our referral partners.
- The Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 helpline (800.272.3900) is available around the clock, 365 days a year. If you, a loved one or anyone you know needs to talk, do not hesitate to reach out. Their professional staff provides reliable information and support to all those who need assistance. The Alzheimer’s Association also has COVID-19 tips for dementia caregivers. Most likely, dementia does not increase the risk for COVID-19, just like dementia does not increase the risk for the flu, but increased age and common health conditions that often accompany dementia may increase risk.
- Ambassador Senior Solutions is temporarily expanding its services. These services are to assist seniors with day to day needs, as well as continuing to engage them! | View additional services
- Evergreen Village at Bloomington has made updates to their business to help stop the spread of COVID-19. | View information