- The Bloomington Housing Authority has online applications for housing. Click here for more info about how to apply.
- Shalom Community Center, New Hope for Families, Middle Way House, Wheeler Mission Bloomington, United Way of Monroe County, and the Monroe County Health Department have established an isolation shelter for people diagnosed with or showing symptoms of COVID-19. They are looking for donations and will have drop-offs at the shelter site at 310 W. Hillside Dr. (off of S. Rogers St.) from 4-6 every day from March 23-27. Check out the Shalom Facebook page for details.
- Letters for Renters: Housing4Hoosiers provides sample letters to communicate with your landlord and help you find a solution if you can't pay your rent.
- "No money for rent or mortgage? Here’s what to do." Washington Post Personal Finance column.
- Indiana Food Assistance Availability Map: A searchable site that allows you to find food resources near you.
- Kroger special hours: Seniors 60 and older and high risk-shoppers can shop 7-8 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Eateries offering Delivery, Takeout, Curbside - Visit Bloomington
- Monroe County Humane Society Pet Food & Supply Pantry – Click here for details.
Free WiFi, Special Programs for Internet Service
- Parking lots at the downtown Bloomington location of the Monroe County Public Library (303 E. Kirkwood) and Ellettsville branch (600 W. Temperance) are available for free, 24-hour, high-speed WiFi access. Also, library cards are available to all Monroe County residents. Details here.
- Indiana University's Orange Lot between Memorial Stadium and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, near the corner of E. 17th and N. Woodlawn. Details here.
- Smithville has wi-fi hotspots at the Monroe County Fairgrounds (5700 W. Airport Road in Bloomington) and Marci Jane Lewis Park (106 S. Park St. in Ellettsville, in the parking lot between the shelter house and basketball courts). Details here.
- Monroe County Community School Corporation has set up hotspots at Bloomington High Schools North (in the school’s Athletics/Hoosier Hills Career Center parking lot) and South (in the school’s main parking lot). Students are asked to use their school-issued laptops for these hotspots and only for school-related work. These hotspots are available daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Comcast is offering low-cost subsidized Internet access, including two free months of service for new customers. | Click here for details. Click here for additional information on Comcast's COVID-19 response.
Bloomington Transit and Rural Transit continue to provide services to the community during the pandemic. Click on their names to connect with their updated information and service routes.
The upcoming election November 3rd will actually begin October 6th with early voting. Check out Monroe County Election Central's website for more information.
Parks & Recreation
Additional City & County Services
- City of Bloomington offices are open for appointments only. Meetings are held via Zoom and Facebook live. Check the city's website for additional info.
- Monroe County offices are open for appointments only. Meetings are held via Zoom. Check the county's website for additional info.
- Building Permits: The Monroe County Building Dept. is processing building permits online. Click here for details.
- Documents Processing: The Monroe County Recorder's Office is still processing documents, including documents used for real estate closings. Click here for details.
- Information about Monroe County Circuit Court is available on the Indiana Judicial System website.