- Name, Title and Organization
- Preston Hughes, Recruitment Specialist at Stone Belt Arc, Inc. and new hYPe Steering Committee Member
- Tell us about your job and your responsibilities.
- My primary function as the Recruitment Specialist is to identify, attract, and retain talent to join the Stone Belt team. I assisted in the generation of new recruitment strategies for the organization, which included: revitalizing our social media presence, increasing brand awareness in our outer markets, and refreshing the image of our organization, which has been in business since the 1950’s. Because Stone Belt hires positions ranging from non-degree hourly caregivers through psychologists and licensed practitioners, I have to constantly adapt my recruitment strategies depending on what positions are currently open.
- What is your favorite part about working at Stone Belt?
- Without a doubt, the best part about Stone Belt is the people. There are some truly incredible individuals here, both clients and staff. Learning their stories and having the opportunity to interact with them on a daily basis has been such a profoundly meaningful experience for me.
- How long have you lived in Bloomington and what brought you here?
- I have lived in Bloomington since 1993. My family moved here when I was very young so my mother could pursue a position at Indiana University. She has been with IU ever since, and I have chosen to make Bloomington my home as well. I am a proud graduate of Bloomington High School North, and the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University!
- Are you involved in any other community organizations or have any hobbies? Tell us more!
- My main hobby is spending time with my fiancée and our amazing toddler, Hazel. We love to hike the many fantastic parks in and around Bloomington, or visit May’s Greenhouse to buy plants for our ever-growing porch garden. Beyond that, I am not ashamed to confess that I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd and spend more time than I care to admit collecting vintage Star Wars memorabilia.
- Where do you see Bloomington in 5 years?
- My vision for Bloomington is to become a city that embraces both the student and full-time resident populations. I would love to see a higher percentage of IU students stick around Bloomington after they graduate, and find gainful employment to keep them here permanently. So many people that come to Bloomington only ever get to see downtown and campus, and I would love for new graduates to stick around longer to fully appreciate what a wonderful town this is outside of IU’s borders.
- What is your favorite Bloomington tradition?
- One of the best parts about living in Bloomington is the sheer volume of amazing traditions that go on here. Among my favorites are Taste of Bloomington (I am a wanna-be foodie, so anytime I can pig out on the best joints in town all at once I am a happy camper!) and the Lotus Festival. 4th Street Arts Festival is also a fantastic showcase of some of the local talent that lives in our backyard!
- Where can you be found on the weekends and spare time?
- I am often found fishing at one of the several lakes nearby, hiking trails in any of the surrounding parks, or scavenging rummage sales for old Star Wars goodies! (I told you I am a nerd!)
- Your contact info
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 812-947-1058
helping Young Professionals excel in Bloomington, In.