Connecting you to public policy decision makers at the local, state and federal levels!
Connecting our members and the public to elected leadership is a priority of The Chamber. Creating opportunities where for open dialogue with key decision makers at the local, state and federal level is paramount to our advocacy and public policy focus. Some of the events The Chamber hosts to connect these groups include:
- Federal Focus Lunch
- The Annual Governor’s Luncheon
- Legislative Preview Luncheon and Wrap-Up with Indiana state legislators at the start and end of the legislative session
- Third House: The People’s Voice – an update with our legislators at midpoint in the session
- Small Business Legislative Roundtable
- Local Leaders Forum with local elected officials
- Education Forum
- Parking Forum with Mayor Kruzan
- State of the School System with MCCSC Superintendent, Dr. Judith DeMuth
- Briefings for members, and meetings with key elected officials to discuss I-69 alternatives
Federal Focus Lunch
Please view the 2013 Indiana Legislative Agenda to learn more about these issues that we will be tracking and advocating for on behalf of our membership:
At our Federal Focus events, members and the public have the opportunity to hear from those leaders who set policy at the federal level. In the past, we've welcome Senator Richard Lugar, Congressman Dan Coats and Congressman Baron Hill.
Annual Governor's Luncheon
The Chamber has hosted Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels for the past four years at the Annual Governor's Lunch. This highly attended event puts our members and the public together with the Office of the Governor, helping both sides to understand issues and agendas.
Legislative Preview Luncheon and Wrap-Up
Early in the session, lawmakers discuss with Chamber members key business issues anticipated to be addressed and The Chamber’s annual Legislative Agenda is presented at the Legislative Preview Luncheon. And the Legislative Wrap-Up Luncheon focuses on the session outcomes and information businesses need to know as relevant legislation is enacted into law.
Third House: The Peoples’ Voice
Third House sessions give members interaction with lawmakers as bills affecting the business community make their way through the legislative process.
Local Leaders Forum
The Local Leaders Forum focuses on government affairs at the local level, particularly the roles of the chief elected officials at City Hall and the County Courthouse. This event allows members to hear from the Mayor of Bloomington and the President of the Board of County Commissioners and ask them questions about key local business issues.
Preschool and K-12 education
- Business taxation, regulation and Job Creation
- Local government advancements