Founded in 1915, The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization.
We invite you to view our 2012 Annual Report and our Strategic Plan.
Greater Bloomington will be a vibrant community in which to live, learn, invest and work with collaborative support from a thriving business sector.
The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce provides leadership through member engagement, business advocacy and civic partnerships to strengthen our community and business environment.
Better Business. Better Community.
The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce values the healthy development of a vibrant business climate which in turn:
- Provides employment opportunities for our citizens
- Opens doors for further community investment
- Fosters leadership and strategic thinking
- Partners with social service and other government and non-profit organizations
- Supports educational excellence
- Recognizes the importance of diversity
- Promotes a teamwork approach to solving community problems
Summary of The Chamber’s Role in the Community
The Chamber is in the business of:
- Advocacy and Public Policy
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development
- Communication and Awareness
- Credibility for the Business Community
We address these issues/needs:
- Serve as the voice of business
- Focus on quality of life
- Provide resources for all businesses
- Assist small businesses
- Address community concerns and opportunities
- Initiate school to career partnerships
The Chamber primarily engages:
- Government entities and elected officials
- Educational institutions and their respective students
We meet member needs by:
- Representing the voice of business
- Championing for local business successes
- Customizing offerings for our members
- Providing community exposure, awareness and connections
- Providing information and networking in a centralized place
- Ensuring leadership and civility on community issues